Education Leader Series | Girish Menon- CEO- STiR Education
Girish has recently joined STiR Education as the CEO after five years as Chief Executive at ActionAid UK. He brings more than 30 years’ experience as a leader in the international development sector, having previously held roles as International Programmes Director and Deputy CEO at Water Aid UK, where he was responsible for programmes in 22 countries across sub-Saharan Africa and south Asia.
In his conversation with Deepak Nanda from CSRBOX, he elaborates on the following questions:
- How is STiR Education working to develop a love of lifelong learning in children in India?
- Children and young people today face a world of 'unknown unknowns'. The same holds true with the current pandemic and changes like the New Education Policy. How then do you believe we can keep the learning going unhindered in such a scenario?
- STiR Education also supports governments to employ practical strategies that promote positive behaviors in teachers and officials. What enables these changes to become embedded in a government's approach to education, and how does an organization like STiR leverage such partnerships to scale the impact?
- Apart from kids, how do you empower teachers and make sure they stay relevant and crucial for the learning process?
- Talking about your personal experience in the development space across countries, what do you feel is most distinctive about the way in which your Indian counterparts approach the thematic areas, and how can this contribute to learning from other regions?
- Lastly, what does the future vision hold for the organization in terms of expansion, partnership, scaling up and more?
Impact-Talk is a series of views and interviews of CSR heads, impact leaders and change-makers, addressing development challenges in India. If you have an impact-maker in your network, please suggest/share details at shilpi@csrbox