loading-image Hurun Report launches the sixth edition of EdelGive Hurun India Philanthropy List- CSRBOX
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Hurun Report launches the sixth edition of EdelGive Hurun India Philanthropy List

By EdelGive On 17 October 2019
 
Hurun Report launches the sixth edition of EdelGive Hurun India Philanthropy List
 

The EdelGive Foundation and Hurun Research Institute today released the EdelGive Hurun India Philanthropy List 2019, a ranking of the most generous individuals from India. This is our attempt to highlight India’s remarkable givers and to capture the growing importance of individual givers in India's philanthropic landscape towards nation building.

Contributions were measured by the value of their cash or cash equivalent from 1 April 2018 to 31 March 2019. This is the sixth year of the list and it follows on from the Hurun India Rich List, a ranking of 953 richest individuals in India, released on September 2019 for the eighth year. This year’s EdelGive Hurun India Philanthropy List 2019 features Top 100 individuals who have contributed more than INR 5 crore or more during the period under review.

“Three key trends emerge from this year’s edition. First, as the rich Indians get richer; their contribution to the philanthropic causes too witness a jump. Two, there remains a lot of potential for corporate India to grow well by doing good. Case in point, the contribution from the top 10 individuals on the list account for 61%. In other words, the remaining 90 individuals account for 39%. There remains a lot of untapped potential which will come at the forefront with initiatives such as these. And three, corporate India is banking and investing on education – much more than any other cause. The megatrend at play here is that the focus of philanthropy in the country is shifting from donating to empowering. It is indeed a long term play, but would surely lead to lasting change in the years to come.”, Anas Rahman Junaid, Managing Director and Chief Researcher, Hurun Report India, said

Vidya Shah, CEO of EdelGive Foundation, said “When we embarked on this partnership with the Hurun Report India, our overall objective was to understand giving in India based on evidence and data. It is very satisfying to see the results show a significant growth in philanthropy in India, with the number of individual donors at an all-time high. As a sector, we now need to ensure that this ‘giving’ is resulting in a positive change in social indicators and being optimally utilized towards programmatic and organisational growth of our NGOs on-ground.”

 

For full report, please click here

 
Tag : Report Philanthropy EdelGive
 
 
SHARE THIS
 

More Reports

CSR and Nutrition in Rajasthan 2018-19

CSR and Nutrition in Rajasthan 2018-19

By CSRBOX, NGOBOX & IMPAct4Nutrition On 12 November 2019
The 2019 Global NGO Technology Report

The 2019 Global NGO Technology Report

By NonProfit Tech for Good On 01 November 2019
Youthbol - a campaign by Centre for Catalyzing Change (C3)

Youthbol - a campaign by Centre for Catalyzing Change (C3)

By Centre for Catalyzing Change (C3) & USAID On 31 October 2019