Founded in 1990 as an independent legal entity, the Cummins India Foundation (CIF) channelizes Cummins' commitment towards Corporate Responsibility. All its initiatives, both in the local community and in other parts of India where Cummins operates, fall under the three key focus areas of Higher Education, Energy and Environment, and Equality of Opportunity.
While the various projects undertaken under each of these key focus areas receive financial support from the Foundation, Cummins is also committed to the active involvement and participation of its employees in its corporate responsibility initiatives.
Cummins India Foundation is overlooked and reviewed by the Steering Committee which comprises of senior leaders of the management team as the Board of Trustees.
The Foundation works closely with civic bodies, NGOs, Government and the communities in achieving the organization's mission of “Making people’s lives better by powering a more prosperous world.” with the following goals:
- To create sustainable wealth for all our stakeholders - both within and outside Cummins
- To motivate and empower our employees to be engaged in improving the communities to make them better places to live and work
- To create an atmosphere of trust and collaboration by partnering with our stakeholders to drive improvement
- To identify global priorities that apply across communities and use the global reach of Cummins to leverage our efforts in these areas
- Agriculture,food and nutrition
- Community Development
- CSR and Sustainability
- Disaster Management
- Education and Employment
- Energy, Environment and Climate Change
- Human Rights
- Social Enterprise
- Waste and Recycling
- Water and Sanitation
- Women and Gender
Our Recent Projects
If you are part of the foundation and want to add more information, CLICK HERE