Sun Foundation was established in 1998 to empower the underprivileged section of the society and to bring about a change in the perception of society towards giving back.
They have 37 Skill Development Centres and every year sun foundation empower 3000 women and girls through projects ‘Surya Kiran’ where vocational training is imparted to women and girls free of cost, ‘Taare Zameen Par’ where free vocational training is imparted to differently abled children, ‘Save the girl Child’ partnering the ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ campaign of Shri Narendra Modi , Hon’ble Prime Minister which raises strong concern about exacerbating sex discrimination and female foeticide.
‘Angels of Sun’ which aims at providing financial support to needy children for their care and development, ‘Drug De-Addiction’ a campaign for drug free India.
1. To address issues of education among the underprivileged and create employment opportunities through vocational skill training institute and educational support etc.
2. Provide financial assistance through educational scholarship programme for the children/ youth of lower and mid income group families.
3. To support NGOs and like-minded NGOs to undertake activities in the areas of financial literacy, school dropout prevention, career guidance, counselling, women empowerment, education awareness, advocacy of banking and safe and fair market practices, digital literacy etc.
4. Support the socially and economically underprivileged section of the society by providing opportunities to improve the quality of life.
5. To empower communities by providing financial and technical assistance for sustainable social activities such as developing infrastructure for training, education, etc.
6. To provide for development of Local Area (area in the city in which Sun TV’s Head/branch office are located) in terms providing assistance and infrastructure to local bodies, schools and public places.
7. Relief to victims of Natural Calamities, contribution to Prime Minister’s relief fund and for disaster management.
8. To undertake such other CSR activities permissible under Schedule VII of Act.
- Agriculture,food and nutrition
- Community Development
- CSR and Sustainability
- Education and Employment
- Energy, Environment and Climate Change
- Water and Sanitation
Our Recent Projects
If you are part of the foundation and want to add more information, CLICK HERE